The Development History of
Liberty Bell Motorsports Park and Campground
The creation of Liberty Bell Motorsports Park has been the passion of Mr. Louis J. Mascaro for over 16 years. Known for his tenacity and resilience, Mr. Mascaro has been actively pursuing his dream through many obstacles and roadblocks. Many have told Mr. Mascaro that such a facility would never come to be, but his fortitude now has him knocking on the door of history, with Liberty Bell Motorsports Park and Campground soon to become a reality!
- 1993 - Louis J. Mascaro purchases 1st parcel of 140 acres in Union Township, Berks County, Pennsylvania.
- 1995 - Louis J. Mascaro attends a road racing event at a well known racing facility and comes away unimpressed and recognizes that there were no quality road course circuits within a 4 hour drive of Philadelphia. Most circuits at this time were over 30 years old and not designed with the proper run-off areas to safely handle the acceleration, corner speeds, or breaking abilities of newer cars and motorcycles.
- 1995 - Louis J. Mascaro purchases 2nd parcel of 17.5 acres in Union Township.
- 1996 - First Renderings of Liberty Bell Motorsports Park take form.
- 1997 - Louis J. Mascaro purchases 3rd parcel of 222 acres in Union Township.
- 1999 - Louis J. Mascaro purchases 4th parcel of 235 acres in Union Township.
- 2000 - First official plans for Liberty Bell Motorsports Park are submitted.
- 2002 - Louis J. Mascaro purchases 5th parcel of 47.5 acres in Union Township.
- 2007 - After 66 public hearings and subsequent meetings (as compared to 27 for a nearby nuclear power plant), Zoning is approved for Liberty Bell Motorsports Park and Campground.
- 2008 - Berks County revokes Zoning approval.
- 2009 - Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania reverses Berks County Court decision and reinstates Zoning Approval.
- 2010 - Pennsylvania State Supreme Court upholds Commonwealth Court ruling that reinstated Zoning Approval. Liberty Bell Motorsports Park and Campground become reality.
- 2011 - Louis J. Mascaro finalizes his development team and moves forward with the advancement of his dream.